SOS 4.0 Client having problems

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rpfeet

Post by rpfeet » Thu May 06, 2004 2:39 pm

We are running VSS 6.0d and SOS 3.5.2 and have had a user with the SOS 4.0 client report these problems. The user is part of a group trying to convert a project to use .NET.

1) A client added and checked in some new files. The dates shown on his PC was updated. Another client refreshed the project, but the date in SOS was not updated on her pc.

2) The second user downloaded the project and the new files were in her local directory. When she opens the project using .NET the new files are missing.

The remote users are across the country so I cannot see what they are doing. Are there specific questions I should be asking the users? I am very new to SOS and VSS.

Thank you,
rpf

Post by Guest » Fri May 07, 2004 2:16 pm

It's not really clear what's going on here, so we'll need to ask you a couple of questions.

Was the refresh performed in VS.NET or in the SOS Windows client?

Were the newly added files in a new directory as well or an existing one?

When the second user opened the project, did she open it from Source Control (File > Source Control > Open From Source Control in VS.NET) or fetch the files with the SOS client and then open in VS.NET?

rpfeet

Post by rpfeet » Fri May 07, 2004 6:04 pm

Hello,
Thank you for responding. I will contact the person that reported the problems and ask her these questions. I will be out until Tuesday and hope to provide you with some answers then.
rpf

rpfeet

Post by rpfeet » Wed May 12, 2004 10:27 am

The questions were submitted to the user but she did not respond back.

To Guest: Thank you showing more interest in this problem than the user that reported it. She has decided it is not worth pursuing.

rpf

Post by Guest » Wed May 12, 2004 4:15 pm

The questions were submitted to the user but she did not respond back.

To Guest: Thank you showing more interest in this problem than the user that reported it. She has decided it is not worth pursuing.

rpf