Error connecting first time

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

sgadmin

Error connecting first time

Post by sgadmin » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:30 pm

I set up a new SOS user and receive the message "you are not authorized to use this server". I've imported the key, the user is set up in vss and can access the vss database directly through vss. Where could the disconnect be?

Thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Mar 21, 2007 6:44 pm

you are not authorized to use this server
This generally means you have more users than licenses. Check the Serial Numbers tab and the Users tab in the SOS Server Manager to see if you have more usernames listed than you have SOS licenses.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

sgadmin

Post by sgadmin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 7:55 am

Great! It looks like that's the issue. When I look at my users tab there are 2 users whose name show up twice. Why would this happen and how do I know which to delete? Thanks again!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:53 am

Why would this happen and how do I know which to delete?
It shouldn't happen, although earlier versions of SOS had a bug whereby usernames might get added multiple times or if the user spelled the username wrong the login would fail, but the misspelled name was added.

You can actually delete both the names and just let the user log in again. By logging in successfully to the VSS database, the username is dynamically added to the User tab of the SOS Server Manager.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager