Cannot add files to the server with Korean file names..

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Sungjoon, Han

Cannot add files to the server with Korean file names..

Post by Sungjoon, Han » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:22 am

Dears,

Now I'm trying SOS 4.2 with demo version.
The product seems great and cool excepting one thing.
Whenever I add Korean-named-files from client(With SOS GUI Client, runs on Windows XP) to the server (VSS and SOS Server, runs on Windows 2003 Enterprise Server), it fails adding operation.
It says "Unable to add project ....", but english named files are OK they're added without any problem.

Would you give me some solution about this problem?
Waiting for your feedback.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Nov 09, 2006 1:06 pm

We've had some issues with SOS and double-byte characters like Japanese and Chinese, as they're only supported in certain cases. These may work with SOS on an English version of Windows, using an English version of VSS.

You can try connecting to our SOS demo server, which has both English OS and VSS:

servername: sos.sourceoffsite.com port 8888
username: donald password: duck

Does Korean work on our demo server?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Sungjoon, Han

Your server works but not my Windows 2003 server

Post by Sungjoon, Han » Fri Nov 10, 2006 7:36 am

Thanks for your support.

I've succeed uploading file with Korean name to your server.
But my SOS server doesn't work still now.

What OS does your SOS server installed on?
If it is windows XP or 2000, I'm afraid that we have to use Windows 2003 server for SCC and file sharing server.

Could you kindly let me know what can I do to use your solution?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:49 am

I think our SOS Demo server is Win 2000, though I don't think that should make a difference.

Check what version of the VSS automation component (ssapi.dll) SOS is using. Here are the steps:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510

Besides finding the version number, look for the Language. If you look at ssapi.dll Properties->Version, there's an "Other version information" box. Select Language. What is the value shown. Is it English?

Also, do you know if your Windows 2003 is the English version?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Sungjoon, Han

ssapi.dll information

Post by Sungjoon, Han » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:50 pm

I've take a look at mt ssapi.dll which SOS server uses running on Windows 2003 Server.

ssapi.dll
Version: 6.0.98.48
Language: English

Windows 2003 Server ==> Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition Korean version.

Yes, the language is English. So I've tried to find another language version for the ssapi.dll. But there are no Korean ssapi.dll.
Therefore, my local-networked VSS Server/Clients act well with Korean-named files...

In addition, I've test this on Windows XP Professional (Korean) OS. But it showed me up the same result as below.

Adding file: $/TEST/2006_11_14_테스트파일이다.xls
Operation failed: $/TEST/2006_11_14_테스트파일이다.xls

Am I need to move to some other tools..??

Sungjoon, Han

It runs on English OS well

Post by Sungjoon, Han » Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:16 am

Today, I've test SourceOffSite on English version Windows 2003 test server and it works well.

But we have to use Korean version OS for our project..

I think that it's not only problem on the Korean Windows Server, but, non-english OS has same bug I guess...

Is there some solution for this problem?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:52 am

I'm not sure what we can do, but we'll investigate. Does the problem happen if the SOS Server is on a Korean OS, or if the Client is using a Korean OS?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

Sungjoon, Han

Server-side is problem.

Post by Sungjoon, Han » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:02 am

SOS Server ,running on the Korean Windows, was problem.

Additionally, I've test about Region/Language setting of the Windows Control Panel (Korean Windows XP / 2003 I mean).

Once I changed "Language for non-Unicode Programs" setting to "English(US)" from my default Korean. It worked.

I'm really expecting your S/W to support non-English, national languages.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 20, 2006 4:20 pm

Once I changed "Language for non-Unicode Programs" setting to "English(US)" from my default Korean. It worked.
Is this the setting on the SOS Server machine? Can you keep this setting? If this needs to be Korean language, then another option is to install the SOS Server on a different machine, one with an English OS. The SOS Server does not need to be on the same machine as the VSS database; it just needs to be on the same LAN.

If you do install the SOS Server on a different machine, be sure to configure the account used by the SOS Server Service to be domain account, rather than the Local System account so that it will have access to the database location.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear