diff is wrong on pinned projects

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Xavier

diff is wrong on pinned projects

Post by Xavier » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:51 am

Hello,

when I compare a pinned file with the file in my folder; it is correct.
However if I do a directory/project comparison, each local file is compared with the latest version of the file, not the pinned version in the project.

Is it a known issue ?
Is there a work around ?

After the comparison, I need to refresh the window to see the pin flag again (they are replaced by the 'standard' icon after the comparison).

Best regards

Xavier

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:33 am

A feature request for being able to change what a folder is diff'd against has been logged. I'll add your vote.

On the pin issue, I can log a bug for the icon disappearing. It happened to me once, but now I can't make it rehappen, so I will keep an eye out for that. In the meantime, you can set the automatic refresh to a lower number in Tools-Options-View. Once I had set that, the pin didn't disappear again even after I stopped the auto refresh.

Xavier

Post by Xavier » Wed Aug 09, 2006 12:23 pm

The issue is not about the icon disappearing, which isn't important.

But the diff is WRONG. It's not a question about what the folder should be diff'ed against. It MUST use the pinned version ! Otherwise the show diff is useless; why should one want to diff against the current version if he's working on a branch ?!

So please log this a bug, or tell me if I'm doing something wrong. May be I'm unclear ?

Xavier

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Aug 09, 2006 3:41 pm

Ok, I think I see what you are talking about. Can you fling me a screenshot of what you are seeing? It can be sent to beth at sourcegear.com if you don't wish to post it here. I will speak to our developers.

Thanks