MSSCCPRJ.SCC (remote machine)

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jared Sullivan

MSSCCPRJ.SCC (remote machine)

Post by Jared Sullivan » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:00 pm

For some reason my remote machine does not seem to be downloading the MSSCCPRL.CC file and thus causing an error as copied below.

"The solution appears to be under source control, but its binding information cannot be found. It is possible that the MSSCCPRJ.SCC file or another item that holds the source control settings for the solution, has been deleted. Because it is not possible to recover this missing information automatically, the projects whose bindings are missing will be treated as not under source control."

Jared Sullivan

Workaround

Post by Jared Sullivan » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:38 pm

Hi,

I can get around this issue by copying a MSSCCPRJ.SCC file from server computer to remote but this is bad idea cause requires much editing for every project and may lead to further problems.

Whos responsiblity is it to create the MSSCCPRJ.SCC and why isn't being done on my remote machine?

Thanks
Jared

Jared Sullivan

Workaround 2

Post by Jared Sullivan » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:25 am

I take it when opening solution from remote machine you need to goto Files -> Source Control -> open from Source Control.

Otherwise the .SCC file will not be created.

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:52 am

I posted a reply to this on the Source Safe News group. Here is the text of that message:

The MSSCCPRJ.SCC file can be created within SourceGear Vault or SourceGear SourceOffsite when opening the project for the very first time.

You would do this through the Open From Source Control command. Once the files have been placed on disk, and the .SCC files are created from the bindings, you can open the project from your local working folder.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear