Anyway for GetFile to only get latest ver only if necessary?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

chrismon

Anyway for GetFile to only get latest ver only if necessary?

Post by chrismon » Fri Feb 24, 2006 3:05 pm

When I use Get Latest Version it always grabs a new copy of the given file. I can run the command, and then run it again immediately and it will get it immediately... well at least the time stamp on the file changes. Is there a way to use soscmd to only get a another copy if the current local one is out of date? GetFile is pitifully slow, being able to put some discretionary login in there would help speed it u considerable.

I'm using soscmd in conjunction with IdeaJ. With some scripting magic, here's the command that gets run:

/usr/bin/soscmd -server someserver:10080 -database '\\someserver\vss\srcsafe.ini' -password "" -I- -command GetProject -name someuser -project '$/projects/someproject' -file dev -workdir /home/someuser/Projects/projects/someproject -recursive -verbose

Am I missing something?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Feb 24, 2006 4:29 pm

The command line client will use the SOS Client side cache if you use the -soshome parameter in the command. When you use -soshome, specify the path to the cache file (databaseX.sos). In SOS 3.5.x it's in the SOS GUI Client directory; in SOS 4.x its in your %appdata%\SourceGear\SOS directory.

See soscmd.txt, the documentation for the Command Line Client for details. It's in the GUI Cleint directory with soscmd.exe.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager