unable to user GetProjectTree command help needed

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

soodyogesh

unable to user GetProjectTree command help needed

Post by soodyogesh » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:33 am

Hi,
Platform:Windows Xp
SOS Version:4.0.2

We are having Vss server installed on Remote machine, and we access the remote VSS server using SOS. We are using iky files for authetication so i dont have any passwd when i access through UI as iky file is imported. IKY file is crated using server name rather than address.

Evrything works fine from client UI. But if i try to use soscmd, dont know where im wrong.

SOSHome is set
Following command works well- and provides me list of databases on VSS
============================
soscmd -command GetDatabases -server Abcd:8081 -name John -password

Following command does not work i get the syntax error
=======================================

soscmd -command GetProjectTree -server Abcd:18081 -database -name John -password -database \\Abcd\VssDatabases\PreProductionSourceCode\srcsafe.ini -project PreProductionSourceCode

i noticed sometime this command line works and i get Login Faliure error: bad password... and sometime i get syntax error like

The GetProjectTree command requires valid -server, -name, -password, and -databa
se or -alias parameters.

Now since using same server name and port im able to get the name of databases on that server, therfore server name and port is correct, and im using same name and hiearchy of databases which exists on VSS database, still cant figure out problem

please help

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:19 pm

The GetDatabases command contacts the SOS Server, which provides a list of databases as configured in the SOS Server Manager. This does not require a VSS username and password.

However the GetProjectTree command requires logging into the VSS database with a valid username and password. If you have a blank password, indicate this in the command with quotation marks. For instance, -password "".
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

soodyogesh

Post by soodyogesh » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:38 pm

i did tried that but same error it seems like im doing somethhing wrong in specifying path to srcsafe.ini.

i got same error
<b> The GetProjectTree command requires valid -server, -name, -password, and -databa
se or -alias parameters.
</B>

as from the error message it seems like some problem with the syntax..

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Feb 06, 2006 7:10 am

For your project, it should be -project "$/PreProductionSourceCode" if this project is under root.

The database value would be whatever is returned with the GetDatabases command.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager