upgrading from 3.5 to 4.0

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

craig

upgrading from 3.5 to 4.0

Post by craig » Thu Mar 18, 2004 7:42 am

After going through the upgrade procedure yesterday on my Windows Server 2003 machine, I can no longer get SOS to work.

I installed 4.0, then did an uninstall of 3.5. However, now, the service associated with either 3.5 or 4.0 will not start. Even if uninstall both versions, there remains an SOS service, which appears to be the 3.5 version, that tries to start but can't. I am not sure how to eliminate that service. I have tried uninstalling / reinstalling / rebooting of both versions several times. I am not sure what I did wrong, but apparently I messed up the upgrade at some point.

I could really use some help in getting 4.0 working. We are not able to work until we get it running again!

Thanks!!

corey

Post by corey » Thu Mar 18, 2004 8:15 am

The SOS 4.0 Server was designed so that it could be installed on the same machine as the 3.5 Server, without the two interfering with each other.

Email to me your sossvr.prp file from your SOS 4.0 Server installation directory and also the log.txt file (which should exist if you tried to start the 4.0 Service).

cab124

Post by cab124 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:00 am

I just emailed you a message that contains my prp and log files. It appears that my problem has to do with the fact that the serial numbers from 3.5.3, which are in my old prp file, are invalid with 4.0.

However, I was hoping to use 4.0 as a demo for a few weeks before actually purchasing new serial numbers.

cab124

Post by cab124 » Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:05 am

I am going to go ahead and just purchase two new serial numbers for 4.0. Hopefully, that will solve my problem.

At the same time, I still have the old service which is trying to start on my machine but is not able to because the files have been uninstalled. Do you know of a way to eliminate this service from my machine?