Pinned Files has Operation Failed messages

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Pharoz

Pinned Files has Operation Failed messages

Post by Pharoz » Tue Jan 24, 2006 4:58 pm

Hello,

I am running a test SOS system with the following specs:

VSS 6.0d
SOS Server 4.1.2
SOS Client 4.1.2
Server is on Windows XP SP 2 (firewall off)
Client is on Windows XP SP2 (different machine)

I have made sure to uninstall the virus scanner from the server as well as make sure "Remove local copy after Add or Check in" is not checked on the server.

Now, the problem is when I try to open a pinned file in the SOS client, I get a "Operation failed - $/..." error message. I read the article when this occurs to run the analyze program, but the problem is still there even after I did that.

I have even tried to revert to an older vss db and that still didn't help. Shouldn't I be able to at least view the pinned files in the SOS client? Also, the pinned icon only shows up on certain files, not all pinned files.

Please advise. Thanks!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:51 am

Make sure "display status of pinned files" is checked in the SOS GUI Client under Tools->Options->View.

Also, what is the version of the SourceSafe automation component? There are several different versions that are associated with VSS 6.0d. Here's how to find out the version:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1510

Do you see any pattern to which pins you see and which you don't? Can you see pins applied with SOS but not with VSS?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Pharoz

Post by Pharoz » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:03 pm

Thanks for replying Lauri,

I've made sure that "Display status of pinned files is checked." Also the version of the api is 6.0.98.48. Is this the correct version?

I am looking into what is the difference between the files that are pinned and the ones that are not. Thanks!

harley

Post by harley » Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:14 pm

I found out that SourceOffsite is only having a problem with the files that are pinned to file versions created before an operation on the VSS database. This operation involved sort of creating a second "layer" of the database in which only some of the branches were visible. Any file pinned to a file version created after this operation is fine.

Thanks