URGENT VS.NET Keeps Hanging

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jimlewis

URGENT VS.NET Keeps Hanging

Post by jimlewis » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:05 am

We have installed sos server 410 and are using sos client 410. When i try to retrieve an asp.net solution via the web using sos it always hangs from my computer. From other persons computers it will work on one computer but not on the next.

I can not find info on where to turn client logging on as it would be useful to do this to see what the problem is.

Please can you help and do you know why vs.net keeps hanging when getting the latest version of files.

I am using the source off site products to hook into vss.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:54 am

Does VS.NET seem to hang when more than one person is using SOS at the same time?

If so, you may have some concurrency issues due to a bug in the VSS automation component.

See if the info in this KB article helps:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1866

If this isn't relevant and you continue to experience this problem, reproduce the behavior and then send me a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server directory. Please let me know the username and time in the log that corresponds to the hang. Email it to Linda at SourceGear.com. Provide a link to this post in your email.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

jimlewis

Post by jimlewis » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:43 am

Hi Linda,

I have sent you an email regarding the information you require as I would not like the log published on the forum.

Many Thanks

James