SOS Server/Client Hang with new user

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

rtinker

SOS Server/Client Hang with new user

Post by rtinker » Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:33 am

We have version 4.1 of the server and the client. Been developing with me using SOS client and another developer at the location of the server using VSS. We recently added another developer that is using SOS, but it seems he and I cannot use SOS at the same time as their is a problem at the server and it hangs. No error messages, just hangs. We get the SOS server restarted, terminate and restart our clients (or the development IDE, VS.NET) and we are back up and running until the next problem which is normally not far away from happening...

I had the guy back at the server location check the log and there are these entries:
4/18/2005 1:21:30 PM - 26: Exception: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
... but he tells me that they have been appearing in the log since 3/16, a timeframe where I have been working fine without any issues.

Is there some setting on the server to enable multiple users other than adding the 2nd license? How do I go about debugging this to find the cause?

Thanks.

Tink

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:57 pm

You could be experiencing a concurrency crash due to a problem with the VSS automation component.

See this KB article for details and some possible fixes:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1866
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager