Get project by label - think I found the problem

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

shbinga

Get project by label - think I found the problem

Post by shbinga » Mon Apr 04, 2005 11:15 am

I've been having problems getting projects by label - it wasn't working with v 4.0, I upgraded to 4.1.1 and tried some test labels, which seemed to fix the problem except I still couldn't retrieve old labels.

But I think I found the problem, and it still exists. If a project label is numeric in the form #.#.#, retrieval fails. Other patterns may fail too, I haven't tested others that start with a number.

So I originally labelled my project "2.7.1" - Get history, choose the label, and the status message only shows "Operation Failed". When I created the test label after upgrading, I named it "Test Label - 4.1.1" which worked. So today I labeled the project "2.7.2" and immediately tried to retrieve by label - "Operation Failed". I created another label "Vers 2_7_2" and was able to retrieve it without any problems.

Is this a bug? Can it be fixed, or at the least prevent users from creating labels that won't retrieve?

Thanks,
Steve

rwhawk

seeing similar results

Post by rwhawk » Mon Apr 04, 2005 3:33 pm

I too am seeing incorrect behavior when getting a project by a label that consists of numeric and decimals only. However, I do not get operation failed but instead get the latest version of the file. If I get a single file by label (with the same label) I get the correct version. Also if I get project by label with a label starting with an alpha character then it gets the correct version. My numeric label follows the format "050330.0"

I am using the 4.1 windows client. I just downloaded the 4.1 server from the website today, however the server manager and sosservice.exe are both showing as they are version 4.02.171 created 12/13/2004 so I'm not convinced I have the latest server.

Bob Hawk

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Apr 05, 2005 7:31 am

If a project label is numeric in the form #.#.#, retrieval fails.
This is a known issue. Evidently when a label is just numbers and decimal points, the automation component treats this as a date. I'll bump it up in priority, but I'm not sure that we'll be able to get it into our 4.1.2 release.
however the server manager and sosservice.exe are both showing as they are version 4.02.171 created 12/13/2004 so I'm not convinced I have the latest server.
You have the latest version; the 4.0.2 is incorrect. SOS 4.1 was released Dec. 16, so a date of 12/13/2004 is right.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager