Evaluation of SourceOffSite for Offshore Developers w/ VSS

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

CM NDIA Certified

Evaluation of SourceOffSite for Offshore Developers w/ VSS

Post by CM NDIA Certified » Thu Mar 03, 2005 5:08 pm

Hi,
I am a evaulating and trying to test SourceOffSite for our developers that are over in India. We have multiple VSS databases here in the US and I want to provide them with faster performance as soon as possible. I have installed the server component and client component on my local XP Pro workstation that has IIS installed. I am trying to start the SourceOffSite Server service and I recieve the following message:

The SourceOffSite 4 Server Service on Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they have no work to do, for example, the Performance Lgs and Alerts service.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Hey btw the File Statuses in SOS are a awesome feature. I previously became the resident expert w/ Borland StarTeam at my last employer which has 6 possible file statuses :)
Thanks,
Joe

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:23 am

There's a known issue on XP Pro SP2, so let's start there:
http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1987

If this doesn't solve the problem, some things to check:

-- verify that a copy of the VSS Explorer client is installed on the SOS Server machine.

-- verify you have configured the path(s) to your VSS database(s) in the SOS Server Manager by browsing to the locations of the srcsafe.ini files.

-- if the databases are on a different machine, verify that the account used by the SOS Server service is a domain account with access to the machine/drive/directory where the database resides.

If you still encounter problems, send me a copy of the log.txt file in the SOS Server directory. Email it to Linda at SourceGear.com
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager