Hanging when connection to server lost

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Chris

Hanging when connection to server lost

Post by Chris » Mon Feb 28, 2005 4:50 pm

Hello:

My machine is running SOS 4.0 and Visual Studio 2003.

I have been using VS/SOS for at least a year and the combination has worked very reliably. Over the last few weeks, however, Visual Studio has been intermittently locking up when a file checkout is requested.

The problem seems to occur after my pc has been idle for several minutes and a connection to the server is lost. Rather than immediately displaying the "connect to server?" dialog, VS hangs for several minutes. Sometimes the dialog is eventually displayed and other times VS never recovers from the lockup.

I have had to force a VS close with System Manager and reopen my solution at least a dozen times over the last few days and would greatly appreciate any advice on how this problem might be corrected.

Thanks,
Chris

isamu

same issue

Post by isamu » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:53 pm

I am having the same exact issue i believe, although I have never seen a dialogue. I capture the project from source control and can checkout files (multiple at times), but after about 10 minutes, any attempt to checkout/checkin from vault, my visual studio hangs.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:09 am

Sounds like a network problem. Is something closing the connection between the SOS Server and the client machine?

Some firewalls or network devices close connections after a certain period of time if no data has passed. Or if a certain amount of data has passed, etc.

If the problem continues, put your logging into Verbose mode, then the next time you get these disconnects, send me a copy of the log.txt from the SOS Server directory.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=463

Be sure to indicate the time in the log that the disconnects happened.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager