single user upgrade question

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

markperryd3

single user upgrade question

Post by markperryd3 » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:05 pm

In the knowledge base forum Eric said the following

"In fact, please be aware that this freebie license will disappear as soon as you add any serial numbers to your server. For example, suppose you start using Vault free of charge as a single user. Later, you decide you need to expand your Vault server from one user to two. When this happens, you will actually need to purchase two Vault licenses from us, not just one."

My question is:-

I am currently running Vault version 1.2.2 (740) with 1 license, do I have to remove this license before upgrading so as not to run into what Eric has described above.

Can licenses be removed to take Vault back to single user mode at a later time.

Regards

Mark Perry

ericsink

Re: single user upgrade question

Post by ericsink » Wed Feb 25, 2004 8:17 pm

markperryd3 wrote:In the knowledge base forum Eric said the following

"In fact, please be aware that this freebie license will disappear as soon as you add any serial numbers to your server. For example, suppose you start using Vault free of charge as a single user. Later, you decide you need to expand your Vault server from one user to two. When this happens, you will actually need to purchase two Vault licenses from us, not just one."

My question is:-

I am currently running Vault version 1.2.2 (740) with 1 license, do I have to remove this license before upgrading so as not to run into what Eric has described above.

Can licenses be removed to take Vault back to single user mode at a later time.

Regards

Mark Perry
Anytime you remove all your serial numbers, Vault will once again revert to the so-called "single user mode", behaving as if it has exactly one license.
Eric Sink
Software Craftsman
SourceGear