Integrating FrontPage and SOS

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

DaveInColorado

Integrating FrontPage and SOS

Post by DaveInColorado » Thu Jan 06, 2005 7:01 am

Even though I've used SOS for years now I haven't use SOS for this before, and the only way I've figured out how to do this seems clumsy and doesn't work like I want it to.

1) Create a project in VSS called www.mysite.com.
2) In VSS shadow the folder to the actual location of the staging site
3) Set up Web Deploy in VSS and SOS to publish to live server
4) Then on local computer, on which is IIS installed, create a directory in c:\inetpub\wwwroot\www.mysite (Windows and IIS sometimes gets confused what to do with directories called .com)
5) In SOS set working directory for the project to c:\inetpub\wwwroot\www.mysite.

The problems I have with this is that if Server Extensions are enabled on my local IIS (and we use some of the functionality of Server extensions) many weird FPSE related files are dumped into the VSS database. (Maybe I should make a folder outside the site and create a virtual directory to it.)

Also, right click/edit results in viewing the page in IE, rather than opening it in an editable FP document window, unless I make FP the default editor for SOS, which is not desirable for other types of files--that is, I can't figure out how to make FP the editor of html files in SOS but IE the viewer outside of SOS.

Nuff said. Who's found some way of doing it and are happy with it?

Dave