chinese support

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

byzhou

chinese support

Post by byzhou » Wed Jan 05, 2005 12:19 am

i see sourceoffsite support chinese if it is installed on english windows and english vss. but i'm a chinese people, i want to use chinese version windows, how can use the sourceoffsite

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Jan 08, 2005 10:21 pm

We've had users who installed SOS on a Chinese OS, but they've never gotten it to work. SOS doesn't support double-byte characters, so this could be part of the problem.

For now we must say that SOS is not supported on a Chinese Windows operating system.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ah

Post by ah » Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:37 pm

Are you referring to the SOS server install? I assume the SOS client would work on a Chinese installation of Windows, correct? Not that it would be localized but just that it would function.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:38 am

Yes, I did mean the SOS Server install. We haven't tested the client on a Chinese OS, but since the client doesn't deal with the VSS automation component, it should have the same issues as the SOS Server.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

rick

sos with double-byte characters support

Post by rick » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:42 am

i have made a Chinese
translated copy of sos412 server&client(win) .

and made it to support double-byte characters such as Chinese.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:52 pm

Sorry, only SourceGear can make changes to SOS code or distribute SourceOffSite. Any other use is in violation of our license and copyright.

http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/licenseag.html

The only exception is that we do make the SOS Unix client code available to individual developers to use, but not distribute.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear