All files renegade after changing time zones

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

jmerryman

All files renegade after changing time zones

Post by jmerryman » Fri Nov 05, 2004 11:01 am

I recently traveled to the UK and changed my computer clock to UK time (GMT). When I returned from the UK, I reset my clock to EST (GMT-5) and now all the files in SOS are listed as renegade.

I don't believe this has to do with Daylight Savings Time per the article: http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=656, because I did not experience this problem on Monday in the UK.

I am running SOS 4.0.2 on WinXP with an NTFS formatted drive. I changed the time zone "properly" through outlook - rather than just changing the computer clock.

Any ideas?

Also, it would be great if there were a function to diff files and remove the "renegade" marking for files that are equivilant. Yes, it would take a while to complete, but it would be vastly superior to the alternative of data loss that could be caused by doing get latest and overwriting. Perhaps the "attempt automatic merge" function could do this.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:06 am

A file is considered renegade if the time the file was retrieved from the SOS serve is different from the timestamp on the file, and the file is not checked out.

So if the timestamps of the files changed because of moving into different time zones, this could account for all the renegade files.

With SOS 4.0.2, you can use SGDiff/Merge do project diff to determine which renegade files have actually changed from the version in the database.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager