Chunked Encoding - VSS import

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
rbrown13579

Chunked Encoding - VSS import

Post by rbrown13579 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:50 am

Hi,
Could you confirm if the 'Use chunked encoding' option in the Vault Client software has an effect when a VSS (full) import is performed on the same PC?

I created a fresh repository earlier, then tried to full import a VSS database of around 600mb. The database consists of a few small files and two large (30mb+) zip files.

The import ended with 108 errors, an excerpt from the error log is below:

The specific error was "The server had an error processing the file upload but did not return an error header. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found."
An exception was encountered during the transaction. Exception: The server had an error processing the file upload but did not return an error header. The remote server returned an error: (404) Not Found. at VaultClientOperationsLib.ClientInstance.UploadItem(ChangeSetItem item, String txID, Byte[]& streamBuffer, Int32& bytesWrittenThisFile, Boolean bIsImport)
at VaultClientOperationsLib.UploadThread.ProcessCommand(UploadThreadCommand command, UploadThreadCommandResult& outputResult)

Upon opening the repository in the Vault client, all of the small files had imported correctly, but neither of the large zip files had made it. I then did a test and tried to add one of these large files directly into the repository via the Vault client - it failed with the same error.

I did some reading and came across the setting 'use chunked encoding'. I ticked this option, then tried adding the file through the Vault client again - this time it was successful.

I then tried the VSS import again (on a clean repository) and it worked OK. So can I assume that the chunked encoding setting in the Vault client is used in the VSS import program?

Thanks,

Richard Brown

Beth

Re: Chunked Encoding - VSS import

Post by Beth » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:41 am

I'm assuming it does read the registry settings from the Vault GUI client. I'm checking into this further.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support