External Add Not Working Following Upgrade 6->7

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
stechsr

External Add Not Working Following Upgrade 6->7

Post by stechsr » Fri Jan 03, 2014 8:32 am

We recently upgraded our server to version 7 from version 6 and since then the external add page no longer works for any of the projects it is enabled for. The page loads without issue, but when the external users click save nothing ends up in the system and the external add page gets redirected to the login page. If a licensed user is logged in and uses the external add page then it works as expected and the submitting user is listed as external-user.

Any thoughts as to what might be the issue? We use this feature very often so our users are eager to have it back. I have already tried disabling and re-enabling the feature for the projects that use it.

Beth

Re: External Add Not Working Following Upgrade 6->7

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:09 am

Can you send me your Vault Server log found on the Vault server at C:\Windows\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log? Please send that in an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

stechsr

Post by stechsr » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:33 am

Hello Beth,

It appears our emails are getting lost somewhere in a firewall or something. I have not gotten an email with your proposed solution. Could you please reach out to me again and I can provide you with some alternate emails (or private message me here) so I can get rolling on a fix. Thanks!

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:12 am

Look on your server's hard drive and see if the following path exists:
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\vaultpro\External\AddItemExternal.aspx

In your IIS Manager, check that Anonymous Access is set for both VaultPro and for the External folder.
Beth Kieler

stechsr

Post by stechsr » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:00 pm

I did this and restarted IIS and now anyone going to the devault /VaultPro/ landing page gets this message...

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
MantisServiceLib.Helpers.ListTrackingStartPage(HttpSessionState session) +135
Mantis.Default.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +113
System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +70
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3177

Do I need to bounce the server or is this another issue. I have not tried the external add yet since this is stopping anyone from logging on with our distributed links.

stechsr

Post by stechsr » Wed Jan 29, 2014 1:08 pm

I fixed the error by denying anonymous to the VaultPro root and let External set to ALLOW. This appears to have fixed the issue. If I do a fresh install in the future will this be fixed or will I have to do this manually each time?

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Jan 29, 2014 2:16 pm

You might want to see if other users can now use the work item tracking. It's possible this action would have taken away their ability to add work items. Can you verify your licensed users can use all of the work item tracking?
Beth Kieler

stechsr

Post by stechsr » Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:23 am

So far it appears everyone can use the system normally. The vaultpro folder already had anonymous access blocked explicitly as did the external folder. If this is going to cause other issues I can change it if you can tell me what I need to do to avoid the default landing page reporting the error I posted.

Beth

Post by Beth » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:41 am

The vaultpro folder already had anonymous access blocked explicitly as did the external folder.
If anonymous access was previously blocked on the external folder, then that should explain why it was redirecting to the login page.
Beth Kieler