Running Multiple Versions of Vault

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
DaveGr

Running Multiple Versions of Vault

Post by DaveGr » Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:40 pm

I currently use version 6 of Vault as it works with Red Gate source control and Visual Studio 2010. I will be moving to VS 2013 which is only supported by Vault version 7.1. Red-Gate doesn't support Vault version 7 so I need to use both 6 and 7 for some time. Is it possible to have both versions of the client installed on the same PC? I saw some posts about doing this but they were for much older versions of Vault. Also is there any way to have 2 versions of the Vault server on the same server?

Thanks

Dave

Beth

Re: Running Multiple Versions of Vault

Post by Beth » Fri Jan 03, 2014 9:00 am

The posts you saw about how to run 2 clients on the same machine would still apply in this case.
1) Take the folder of the current version you have installed and move it to a different location.
2) Install the next version. The next version will take over the shortcuts and the Visual Studio integration.

It's not possible to set up two instances of the Vault server, either the same or different versions, on the same machine. The second Vault server should have it's own machine and a separate instance of SQL.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support