A database error has occurred (FailDBInsert) when logging in

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Chop

A database error has occurred (FailDBInsert) when logging in

Post by Chop » Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:20 am

I get this message "A database error has occurred (FailDBInsert)" when I try to log in as a user.
I CAN log in admin.
The database was converted from Visual Source Safe and was successfully cleaned using Analyze prior to import. I used VSS Import to convert/import the database.
The server (and database) is on my local machine.
We have 3 full licenses.

lbauer

Re: A database error has occurred (FailDBInsert) when loggin

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:48 am

Are you logging into the same repository each time?

We'd like to see a copy of the Vault Server log. It's in C:\Windows\Temp\sgvault on the Vault Server machine.

Send it to support at sourcegear.com attn: linda.

Include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

lbauer

Re: A database error has occurred (FailDBInsert) when loggin

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:19 am

----12/23/2013 9:35:06 AM xxxx--xxxxxxxxx)--SSL Disabled System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Could not allocate space for object 'dbo.tblclientoptions'.'pk_tblclientoptions' in database 'sgvault' because the 'PRIMARY' filegroup is full. Create disk space by deleting unneeded files, dropping objects in the filegroup, adding additional files to the filegroup, or setting autogrowth on for existing files in the filegroup.

Based on the log, it looks like your sgvault database can't grow. This could be because you're short on disk space or because you've set limits in SQL Server on database growth.

If you have plenty of disk space for both the database and the datasbase log file (sgvault_log.ldf), then check the database growth options.

To review and change this setting, right click on the sgvault database in SQL Server Management Studio.

Select Properties->Files. The database should have no growth limit. It should be set to a percentage or a set amount to expand when it needs more space. If your database is very large, you probably want it to expand by a set amount rather than by a percentage of current size.

In the Files dialog, click the (...) button to get the Change Autogrowth dialog.

Let me know if these suggestions don't resolve the problem.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager