Server suddenly stopped working

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
IanJones

Server suddenly stopped working

Post by IanJones » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:16 am

I've been happily running Vault Pro server on a Dell laptop for several months now. I use it with the Vault Pro client app on the same machine (single user, no network connections involved). Both server and client are version 6.1.0.30531.

Suddenly today, for no apparent reason, the entire Vault web system has stopped working.

Attempting to connect to the Vault database with the client app gives me the following:

"Unable to connect to http://127.0.0.1/VaultService. No server was found at the specified URL. Please verify your network settings using the Options dialog under the Tools menu in the Vault GUI Client. Web Exception: The server committed a protocol violation. Section=ResponseStatusLine"

If I try to start the Admin web page my browser just shows a blank page (the page file exists, I checked).

I can still access an external Vault Pro database belonging to a client company over the Internet, so I know my client is installed and working correctly.

Assuming the problem was with IIS, I uninstalled Vault Pro Server, uninstalled IIS, reinstalled IIS, reinstalled Vault Pro Server: At the end of the Vault Pro installation my web browser tried to load the page for entering licence numbers and so on. Instead I get a page with the following error:

XML Parsing Error: no element found
Location: http://precisionm90/VaultService/VaultW ... %20install.
Line Number 1, Column 1:

I'm struggling to understand what's gone wrong and why.

Any guidance welcome!

lbauer

Re: Server suddenly stopped working

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:42 pm

What OS is Vault installed on?

Were any Windows updates installed on the machine prior to the failure?

Do you have a Vault Server log from the time Vault Server stopped working?

The Vault server log is called sgvault.log and is in %windir%\temp\sgvault on the server machine.

Email it to me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager