Can't enter license keys

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
dproulx

Can't enter license keys

Post by dproulx » Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:52 pm

I am at the point in the install for Vault Pro 5.1.2 when you are supposed to get kicked over to a website to enter your license codes and I get the following server error message in the browser. Has anyone seen this before and know a fix?

Thanks

Server Error in '/VaultService' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Beth

Re: Can't enter license keys

Post by Beth » Thu Mar 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Can you try the following URL on your server machine and let me know your results?

http://localhost/vaultservice/index.html

Next try the URL

http://localhost/vaultservice/vaultservice.asmx

What results do you get there?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

dproulx

Post by dproulx » Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:36 am

The first link I get a login page and then when I click login, I get the same message I posted before. The second link I get a different error ( line 4 is in red).

Server Error in '/VaultService' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unrecognized attribute 'type'.

Source Error:

Line 2: <configuration>
Line 3: <configSections>
Line 4: <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
Line 5: <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
Line 6: <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>

Source File: C:\inetpub\wwwroot\VaultService\web.config Line: 4

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2502; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2494

dproulx

Post by dproulx » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:47 am

I am all set now. Found an answer at

http://kb.sourcegear.com/VaultHelp/view ... =5&t=12437

Thanks for the help

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:33 am

Thanks for the update.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support