Downloading project tree doesn't complete

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Ben

Downloading project tree doesn't complete

Post by Ben » Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:47 am

Hello,

I'm evaluating SourceOffSite for use in my company.
we have a VSS server on one end of the network, and a set of clients on the other. the network has good bandwidth (about 2mbps) but very high latency (about 400ms).
i've installed the client/server properly (i hope), and when i now try to connect remotely i get the message "Downloading project tree - this may be a lengthy process - please wait..."
I've given up after waiting for an hour, seems like it never finishes.

our project has about 2000 files split across a few dozens of directories. total size of about 200mb, i've seen bigger ones!

the only real issue is the network latency, and that one is out of my control. does anyone have experience with using sourceoffsite over this kind of network? is it possible to work this way?
also, what does the "Downloading project tree" depend on?

Thanks,
-Ben

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:21 pm

Downloading the project tree can take a bit of time, especially if the tree is large. Once the tree is downloaded, it is maintained in a client side cache so you don't have to go through all that again unless you manually do a project tree refresh.

An hour does seem like a long time though. Try it again, maybe overnight so you don't have to wait. If it doesn't download, send me a copy of the log.txt file in the SOS Server directory. Email linda at sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager