VB6 IDE Integration with SOS Classic 4.0.2 evaluation

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

redster

VB6 IDE Integration with SOS Classic 4.0.2 evaluation

Post by redster » Tue Oct 12, 2004 7:25 pm

Hi,

I am currently evaluating SOS Classic and am very happy with results so far.

I am having a little trouble getting IDE Integration going though. I have installed SOS Server professional 4.0.2 and am using it without encryption; this works very well with the client.

When I open the project in VB 6, I get a message asking if I would like to "Add this project to Source Offsite". I am not game enough to click 'Yes' and a 'No' opens the project but without any source control options ('checkout', etc,.).

I did read another similar complaint on this forum (from earlier this year) which doesn't seem to have been resolved here. Have you any further news/info on this? Would appreciate your help.

Thanks in anticipation,

Karthik.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Oct 13, 2004 3:04 pm

If you clicked "no" and declined to add the project to source control, then it won't be added. The source code control options only appear if a project is added to source control.

Try a test project and bravely click "yes" the next time you get this prompt.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

redster

Post by redster » Wed Oct 13, 2004 5:45 pm

Hi Linda,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Just to clarify, the project I was referring to is already under source control in VSS obviously.

Allow me another stupid question please - If I add this project to SOS does it mean that changes I make and corresponding revision history will be visible to the rest of the team, who are and will be continuing to use VSS.

Regards - K.