Vault Pro upgrade issue

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
Simon Smith

Vault Pro upgrade issue

Post by Simon Smith » Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:49 am

Hi

I have just upgraded from Fortress 5.1 to Vault Pro 6. I am having difficulties activating the Find In Files feature. When I check the vaultindexservice.txt file (attached), it is full of errors. Could somebody please advise?

Thanks
Simon
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Beth

Re: Vault Pro upgrade issue

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 15, 2012 8:54 am

The first issue to look at is "Could not contact the server at http://127.0.0.1/VaultService.

If you open a browser, and enter http://127.0.0.1/VaultService as the path, can you reach the Vault home page?
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

Simon Smith

Post by Simon Smith » Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:02 am

Yes, I can navigate to the Vault Pro Home Page at that address without a problem.

Beth

Post by Beth » Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:12 am

Open your IIS Manager and expand the website that you installed Vault to.

Do you see a Fortress folder left over? If so, you can delete that.

Then look at each of the Vault applications listed under the website. First, are they showing as applications or as folders? They should be applications and you should have 6 that match my screenshot here.
vault applications.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Beth Kieler

Simon Smith

Post by Simon Smith » Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:15 am

I had already deleted the Fortress folder. Please find attached a screenshot of the IIS setup. They are showing as applications and look excatly as yours do in the screenshot.

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:28 am

Could you also check your Vault server log for errors at %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log? Does it have any errors at the same time as the index log?
Beth Kieler

Simon Smith

Post by Simon Smith » Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:57 am

Hi Beth

To check this, I've gone into the Vault admin site, attempted to enable 'Find In Files' and then check the latest entries in the log files for the last few minutes. Nothing really appears in sgvault.log that coincides, but there is an SQL exception occuring, detailed in the vaultindexservice.txt. I have attached the shortened version with these fresh errors in.

Thanks

Beth

Post by Beth » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:48 am

Could you send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread? I think a closer look may be needed.
Beth Kieler