SourceOffSite 4.0 - "Unable to create working directory

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Christoph Reimmann

SourceOffSite 4.0 - "Unable to create working directory

Post by Christoph Reimmann » Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:47 am

Hallo,

I've just downloaded and installed SourceOffsite Server & Client 4.0.
So far no problems. Then I've added my project to SourceOffsite / SourceSafe. No Problem, just the names of the subdirectories are wrong, the first letter is missing (source -> ource, programme -> rogramme, etc.)

But when I try to check out a file, I receive the message "Unable to create working directory" and I cannot wokr with my source code file. When I look it up in The SourceOffSite / SourceSafe table, it is makred as checked out.

I've given full rights to all the directories both on the server and the workstation, I could imagine.

Does anyone have any idea ???

I'm looking forward to an answer !

Chris

P.S. By the way, we use a Windows 2003 server, the workstation has W2K SP 4 and .Net 2003

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 17, 2004 1:41 pm

We've had a couple of reports of this error in different situations, but haven't been able to isolate what's causing it.

Which 4.0.x version of SOS are you using? 4.0.2?

Are you using the Windows client or the integrated client in Visual Studio?
It's very strange that you're seeing project names with missing letters.
Have you tried refreshing the Project Tree from Root? Or perhaps deleting the client cache file? http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic ... ight=cache ?

This will create a new view of the Project Tree.

What happens if you create the working folder structure on your drive and then do the get? If the project names are messed up, SOS may be having problems creating the working folders with the right names.

Is this happening on other SOS Client machines?

It would be helpful to see a screenshot of your project tree. You can add an attachment here or email it to support@sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager