Get on LABEL does not work!

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

CTSstuart

Post by CTSstuart » Wed Jul 28, 2004 10:18 am

Hi,

I have installation of SOS Server 4.02 and Client 4.02. VSS 4.0d. Clean DB.

I set up a test project and create a txt file with "1" in it.
Add it to VSS.
Check out the file and put "2" in it. Check it back in and LABEL the project directory with "v2".
Check the file out and put "3" in it and check it back in again.
(above can be done in VSS or SOS)

I now do a 'show history' on the directory, and see the v1, v2, label2, v3.

I do a recursive 'GET' on the label, but i get the v1 file!!

If i go into the folder and do the same on the file itself, I get the correct version of the file for the label (ie v2).

If i do the above operations using VSS client, both operations give the correct v2 file.

Is this a bug in SOS?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Aug 02, 2004 3:47 pm

We weren't able to replicate these steps.

When we labeled the directory the file was in, we were able to retrieve the file at the correct version when we did a Get by Label from the file's directory.

However, due to a bug in SOS, we were not able to retrieve the file at all with a Get Label from recursive history of a parent of the folder which contained the file.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

CTSstuart

Post by CTSstuart » Tue Aug 03, 2004 2:41 am

Sounds like you exactly replicated the steps (if not at least you see the bug I was refering to).

Is this bug in your bug fix list?
When is the fix version expected?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Aug 03, 2004 3:59 pm

Yes, this is a known issue and is scheduled to be fixed in SOS 4.1, due out early this fall.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

curtis

4.0.2 get by earlier Label Fails

Post by curtis » Thu Aug 05, 2004 5:10 pm

:evil: This is ridiculous. The reason we upgraded was to be able to pull by lable. With specific intentions to be able to promote labels and then pull correctly. Now we can't pull at all. I want a Congressional hearing on this. Get to work you guys.

curtis

Post by curtis » Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:50 am

:lol:

Our shop discovered a solution to the get by label. There was a dual install of 3.5.1 and 4.0.2. The 3.5.1 was on port 8888 and the 4.0.2 was on port 8880. When bringing up the new version of 4.0.2 it defaulted to port 8888. When the get from history is executed the system fails to retrieve the source requested the target directory does not seem to "stick". My colleagues back east were able to get their 4.0.2 to run because apparently they were closer to the source of the change and were alerted to the port number change. The funny thing is that the application worked with the 4.0.2 client interfacing with the 3.5.1 server. Apparently the code set for display in the interface has not changed but the code for gets has and that is probably the reason for the get to fail. I would imagine we aren't the only shop out there that has upgraded but kept the old version intack so that personnel out in the field could be upgraded as time, communications, and budget allows.