double login from VS .NET 2k3

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Jason

double login from VS .NET 2k3

Post by Jason » Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:32 am

Hi all -- Has anyone found that retrieving a project file through VS .NET 2003 -> SOS 3.5.1 requires logging in twice? SOS requests a login, appears to connect correctly, requsts I log in again and then finally gets the files. (I'm 100% positive that I have not made typos every single first login...)

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jason

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jul 28, 2004 2:22 pm

It's possible you are running into this issue, from our 3.5.x KB:
The integrated client needs to prompt for a server when switching between workspaces. The problem is that the IDE is continually opening and closing the project workspace internally. Since SOS 3.5.x does not remember passwords, this leads to the multiple login prompts.

There is no other workaround for 3.5.X, but SOS 4.0 fixes the problem by remembering passwords between sessions.

In version SOS v3.x, you can reduce the number of login prompts within each session of the SOS IDE by enabling the 'Always connect to last server'

In Visual Studio.NET, choose "SourceControl" and then "SCC Provider". Click the "Advanced" button on the dialog, which launches the SOS Options dialog. The "Always connect to last server" option is on the General tab.
Let us know if this doesn't resolve the problem.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager