Get Latest Version of project gets version 1 of some files

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

derrek

Get Latest Version of project gets version 1 of some files

Post by derrek » Fri Jul 23, 2004 8:39 am

I have a project that when I do a recursive Get Latest Version on the project 1 level up the project tree, I end up with version 1 of several of the files in the project. It's only when I do the get recursively that I have this problem - if I Get Latest Version from the project that contains the files in question, it works fine. SOS seems to know what it's doing - the file status goes to Renegade when I do the recursive Get and end up with Version 1. I can't find anything unique or unusual about the files this is happening on - several dozen other files in the same project work fine.

Aside from it being a pain to remember to get this specific project individually every day, this problem makes me lose confidence in the recursive get function overall - now I'm wondering what other files I don't have up to date that don't cause compile problems, but will cause other problems at some point.

Help!

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jul 27, 2004 8:24 am

What version of SOS are you using?

If you look at the properties of the renegade file, what does it say for the local and remote versions?

Does this happen to other users, or just on your client machine?

If you can reproduce this behavior, please do so, then send me a copy of the log.txt file from the SOS Server director. Send it to Linda@sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager