Fedora question

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Fedora question

Post by Guest » Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:09 pm

In the process of upgrading our development systems from RH6.2 to Fedora. I tried the RH9 RPM and I get some dynamic link errors; I'll have to build from source.

My question is whether you will be producing Fedora RPMs for future builds of the Unix clients since RH is now deprecated? This is not a major obstacle, but would be useful in our long-term systems documentation.

- Oliver

tad@altair.com

Post by tad@altair.com » Mon Nov 15, 2004 7:07 pm

How can I obtain soscmd, which will work on Fedora Core 2 ? I use version 3.5 but when moved to Fedora host it shows following error:

soscmd: dynamic-link.h:62: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad dynamic tag"' failed.

I tried it also on SuSE 9.1 on AMD64 machine, but soscmd dumps core.

Tadeusz

tad@altair.com

sterwill

Post by sterwill » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:40 am

Yes, we will release SOS 4.1 Unix packages in the very near future, built on Fedora Core 2 machines. This new release depends on GTK 2.4, which Red Hat 9 does not provide (third-party GTK 2.4 packages are available for it), so the builds are made and tested on Fedora 2.

Fedora 3 was just released, and SOS packages built on 2 should run on it.
Shaw Terwilliger
SourceGear LLC
`echo sterwill5sourcegear6com | tr 56 @.`

DarkAurora

Post by DarkAurora » Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:06 pm

How close are you folks to getting those 4.1 packages out?

I'm trying to run under Fedora Core 3 and am getting a SIGSEGV in libpixbufloader-xpm.so. It looks like it's happening during the loading of the icons on startup in CVerFrameWnd::CVerFrameWnd().

I've compiled the client from source, due the previously noted problem with the rpm.

Post by Guest » Mon Dec 06, 2004 11:15 am

SOS 4.1 should be released by the end of the month. Maybe sooner.