lost working directory

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

adam

Post by adam » Wed May 17, 2006 7:08 am

Hi Ed,

The file does indeed get written upon exit. However, I've noticed that when I start the client from the command line I get the message: "FILE TIMES DO NOT MATCH - INFORMATION WILL BE LOST!" A clue, perhaps?

EDIT: As it turns out, each time I connect to the server, even while the client is open, it looses the working directory, and reports the above error.

Indeed, all (yes, ALL) "Remote Date"s in the client are displayed as "12/13/1901 21.45".

adam

Post by adam » Wed May 31, 2006 2:58 am

Any ideas as to what causes the error message? I have been poking around settings in the client and the SOS-server, but I have been unable to find anything. If I know the cause of the error, I might figure it out. Is there a verbosity-option to the client? Or perhaps a way to explicitly set the WD, so I can make a wrapper-script or an alias as a workaround?

ryanfauth

found problem with database being overwritten

Post by ryanfauth » Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:44 pm

There appears to be a difference in the way sos handles a dotted IP address as a server, and a hostname.

I was experiencing the exact same problems Adam reported when using the IP address for the server. As soon as I made an entry to /etc/hosts and started using the hostname for the server instead, the database remains intact on Server connection, and working directories are retained between uses. Hope this helps.

Ryan

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:28 pm

Thanks for posting. Adam, let us know if this helps. We were scratching our heads over this one.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

adam

Post by adam » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:45 am

I did not use a dotted IP for the server, but rather the server's name in our local DNS. When I changed it to the FQDN, the problems were gone. So: "server" doesn't work, but "server.domain.com" does -- even though "server" alone resolves fine.

Thanks for the input!

Adam