Vault Professional 7.0 BETA

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
jclausius

Re: Vault Professional 7.0 BETA

Post by jclausius » Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:49 am

I just tried IE10 with Vault 6, and it seems to work just fine. Not sure what would've changed in IE versions. Do you have any specific set of problems in the Admin section?
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jcohron

Post by jcohron » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:00 am

I am using Windows 8.1 which has IE 11 installed. Using IE I surf to our internal web interface of sourcegear pro version 6.1.0.30531.
Make sure to turn OFF compatibility mode in IE (Tools, Compatibility View Settings) for that site.
After logging in, click on the Admin tab which then shows the Server Settings (Users, Groups, Licenses, Logging, etc. labels) on the left side.
None of those labels do anything anymore. Meaning if I client Users, I don't go to the Users detail screen, if I click 'Source Control Repositories, to expand that list, nothing happens.

In fact, nothing much happens after logging in for me.

If I turn compatibility mode back on, everything works as it should. (so I do have a workaround now).

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:53 am

As a test, I did a fresh install of Win 8.1 Pro RTM and using IE11 (11.0.9600.16384) I went to Vault Pro Demo's (http://vaultprodemo.sourcegear.com) web site to see IE11 against Vault Pro 6.1.

Next from Tools -> Compatibility View settings, I made sure the "Websites you've added to Compatibility View" list was completely empty, and both "Display intranet sites in Compatibility View" and "Use Microsoft compatibility lists" unchecked.

Finally I logged in as an admin, and checked all of the administrative links from the "Admin" tab work correctly. Users, Groups, Licensing, Logging, Handoff Sources, Email Settings, etc. all links are operational that when clicked go to the correct section.

I next did a check on our Vault 7 Release Candidate. Same results. All of those links work.

I'm not sure what this means in the bigger picture, but I did want to post the results that IE11 was working just as well as IE10 in regards to Vault 6.1 on a test here.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jcohron

Post by jcohron » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 am

I thought I had a pretty clean install but there are other applications installed, I'll dig some more to see if I have some goofy left over addin or something in the background causing me issues. Thanks for looking into this, I'll report back if I find anything.

(likely after 7.x is released since I have a workaround and only 1 machine on windows 8.1 at the moment).

john

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:56 pm

Please let us know. Thanks.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear

jclausius

Post by jclausius » Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:08 am

For anyone following this thread, Vault 7 has now been released.
Jeff Clausius
SourceGear