Login in SOS server reeeeally slow.

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Login in SOS server reeeeally slow.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:20 am

For my colleagues it takes a few seconds, maybe 20 however when I login it takes about 1 hour.

The SOS process is using 100% of the cpu constantly. I know it's a old 400MHz machine but this is ridiculous!

Anyone got any ideas as to what it is trying to achieve for this time?

SOS 4.0.2 (non crypt) + Win2000 SP4 + 400MHz 128MB laptop.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 30, 2004 8:27 am

Does it take an hour to connect to the SOS Server or the database? Or does it take an hour to retrieve the file list? What specific operation is taking this long?

Is this specific to your machine? Do other users do the exact same operation with no delays? Can you connect from a different client machine with no problems?

Try connecting to our demo SOS Server:

server = sos.sourceoffsite.com
port ID = 8888

Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Swanny

Post by Swanny » Thu Jul 01, 2004 1:25 am

I think it must be retreiving the file/directory list. The main delay is after the first two dialogs (server name, db + pwd) but before the file list comes up. If I click on an individual directory then it gets that file list quite quickly. The lower window shows:

Code: Select all

Logging in...
(here is the 1 hour wait)
Login Sucessful
The only difference I've come up with so far (other than the speed) is that I'm running McAfee and the others are using Sophos. No-one else is seeing this problem (say, up to 6 people).

I'm connected and things are running ok at the moment so I'm not keen to disconnect to try anything at the moment. When it next kicks me out I'll give the demo server a try.

Swanny

Post by Swanny » Tue Jan 04, 2005 5:31 pm

Ok, I have had several machine changes since this first problem arose (thankfully I got a faster computer).

I've now got a 1.5GHz laptop which was logging in fine for about a month but now takes several minutes to login. It goes 100% cpu after I key in my password and this doesn't drop until the file tree comes up.

I've tried the demo server and it still seems ok. Other users at the same remote site can still login fine.

What's really weird about this one is that it used to work fine for me but the user who had this laptop before me had a similar sort of problem but then another user of the laptop was fine for the 5 weeks he used it. My problems may have started when I exited the application without closing it problem (a computer crash or something).

Any ideas? Things that I can look for?