SourceOffSite, server closed connection message

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Boris

SourceOffSite, server closed connection message

Post by Boris » Mon Jan 03, 2005 10:18 am

I have troubles using using SourceOffSite. I'm able to connect to the database and see the folders and files, but in about 30 seconds a "server closed connection" message appears.
We tried to restart the service and recreate my account. It didn't help at all.

I was using SourceOffSite for few months and didn't have this problem before. Any idea what could happen and how to fix it?

Post by Guest » Mon Jan 03, 2005 1:26 pm

Did the SOS Server service start. or was there an error message?

After you get the Server Closed Connection message, can you connect to SOS Server or do you need to restart the SOS Server service in order to connect again?

If you can connect again then it's possible a firewall or other device is closing the connection between client and server. You can check your firewall configuration to see if a firewall is closing the connection after a certain amount of time or data has passed. If this is the case, then you can use the Keep Alive signal in the SOS client, under Tools->Options->General.

If you cannot connect again after the Server Closed Connection message, then it's possible that the SOS Server service is crashing.

Check this KB article to see if it applies to your situation:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10

Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:20 pm

The SOS server is fine, and connections can be made again without restarting it. This problem is affecting multiple users (all get disconnected after 30-60 seconds).

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:45 pm

Could you send me a copy of the log.txt file in the SOS Server directory?

My email address is linda at Sourcegear.com.

Be sure to include the link to this post in your email message.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager