problems refreshing project tree

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Les Westberg

problems refreshing project tree

Post by Les Westberg » Thu Dec 30, 2004 5:48 pm

We have a very large project tree. A new project was added at the root level and I am trying to refresh the root tree so that I can see it. Unfrotnately every time I try it says: "Operatin Failed". Is there a way to just tell the tree the new project that was added so that I do not have to try to refresh the whole tree? If not, how do you suggest I troubleshoot or get around this problem? Is there a way to remove the project tree and have it build it again from scratch?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Dec 30, 2004 9:33 pm

You've posted to the Dragnet forum, which is for our bug tracking software.

Which product are you using? SOS?

If so the project tree is cached in the databaseX.sos, file which is in your users Application Data->SourceGear->SOS or in the SOS Client directory, depending on the version of SOS.

See this KB article for details on recreating the client cache file.

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1059
Be sure to back it up or rename it, not delete it.

The fact that you can't refresh the project tree could point to a problem that would also cause the cache rebuild to fail. Let us know if you continue to get the error.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Les Westberg

Rebuilding the cache did not solve the problem

Post by Les Westberg » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:12 am

Yes I was referring to Source Off Site.

I found the database cache file and removed it. It failed when rebuilding the cache file. I cannot find anywhere on the client side where there is an error that describes why it failed. It just states "operation failed".

In order to get moving forward, I figured out the structure of your cache file and I added the new project in by hand. Once I did that, I can then use the Source Off Site to work with that new project.

Thanks

Les

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Dec 31, 2004 10:44 am

The SOS Server log.txt file in the SOS Server directory on the server machine may have some clues about the error. If the project tree refresh takes a long time, it's possible something is closing the connection between the client and server.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager