New to SOS 'how to' question..

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

ddodge

New to SOS 'how to' question..

Post by ddodge » Thu Dec 16, 2004 1:16 pm

Hi folks,

I'm REAL new to automating SOS and had a couple questions. I've searched this site and either don't know all the code words or ??. About all I can find is a consistent suggestion to look at the VSS API. That's cool but I sort of figured that after so many of these references someone might have posted a file somewhere or a FAQ that elaborated the basics, which is what I need, being a SOS newbie. :D

What I'm looking to do is find a way to get this kind of info and in the meantime I'll go to MSFT and dig around.

Essentially, what I'd like to do is, on a local machine, invoke SOS, get a list of ALL changes (or drive specific dirs from a table - better options IMO), perform a local update and create a list to post on a wiki indicating what changes have taken place.

Unless there's some setting that would give me just such a list?

Thank a ton in advance!!!

Best,

DD

Doug Dodge

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Dec 17, 2004 9:38 am

SOS doesn't provide this type of reporting from VSS. For that, you would need to use the SourceSafe Automation Component, which is what SOS uses to communicate with the VSS database.

Since we have a lot of experience with the API, we might be able to give you some pointers. Email linda at SourceGear.com with some specifics.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager