"file may have changed" 100% of the time

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

bgrommes

"file may have changed" 100% of the time

Post by bgrommes » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:31 pm

After installing SOS and updating an existing solution that was already working with VSS, EVERY time I check out a file it natters at me about the possibility that the "file may have changed" and offers to attempt a merge. This despite the fact that my local copy is identical to what's in the VSS database. I have to tell it to "leave it" every time. It is not a one-time problem; I can make changes, check them in, and check them right back out and get the same prompt every time.

Checked the SOS server and the date & time are correct. Can't see any obvious reason for SOS to be prompting me like this. Problem is occuring with two different clients, so it's nothing specific to my local setup.

Any fix for this annoyance? Should I let it perform a (do-nothing) merge to get it primed or something?

--Bob

Post by Guest » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:29 pm

Take a look at the GUI client to see what the file status is. If it's "Unknown" or "Needs merge" but the files are identical, you may need to resolve it by doing a "Get latest" with the "overwrite" option.

Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support