SOS Stops working

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

genos_sourcegear

SOS Stops working

Post by genos_sourcegear » Mon Dec 13, 2004 10:58 am

Source Offsite starts and runs and works, then stops working.

Service works fine again upon restart.

When broken, the service is still running, but the following error messages are received:

Server Closed Connection (OK)
User "username" not found (OK)

The alias list on the client end also does not list my VSS database aliases as it does when it is working.

I have attached the output of a bare telnet session when the server is not working and when it is working. Note that the alias list is different.

I am using VSS 6.0d and I have modified the registry as suggested by the following knowledge base article:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=10

Please let me know if you have a solution for this problem.
Attachments
telnet message when working.JPG
telnet output when working
telnet message when working.JPG (26.57 KiB) Viewed 2479 times
telnet message when not working.JPG
telnet output when not working
telnet message when not working.JPG (24.41 KiB) Viewed 2479 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 13, 2004 5:01 pm

When SOS is working, the SOS Server service can connect to two databases. When SOS is not working, only one database connection is working.

What account is used by the SOS Server Service (Control Panel->Admin Tools->Services->SourceOffSite Server->Properties->Logon as)?

For some reason, this account does not always have permissions for the second database. Did you use a mapped drive for the second database? A mapped drive only works when the user who created the mapped drive is logged into the machine. Try re-configuring the database by using a UNC path -- using the browse button to browse to the location of the VSS srcsafe.ini file.

Since the server is still running, this doesn't appear to be a VSS automation component problem. It seems to be a network or user configuration issue.

Check the log.txt file in the SOS Server directory to see if one of your databases appears to be "invalid" or "does not exist" sometimes.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager