How to Get Recursively without overwriting the latest files?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Shankar

How to Get Recursively without overwriting the latest files?

Post by Shankar » Mon Dec 13, 2004 2:04 am

I have this peculiar problem with soscmd.exe.

I am downloading a big branch which has about 20 sub-projects inside it and it normally takes between 2 to 3 hours to download completely using Sos.exe - the GUI Client.

When I tried with,

>soscmd -recursive -project BigPrjRoot -command GetProject -database db.ini -soshome SOSHOME -server server:port -name name -password pwd

It started getting the sub projects one by one under the root 'BigPrjRoot' for 2 hours and then there was no network activity after taking the 17th sub-project. Only 3 were left to be downloaded. I assumed that the network connection could be gone and re-entered the command.

To my surprise, it started taking from the first sub-project! It took every other file in all the sub-projects once again!!! So it took another 2 hours to reach the point where it got disconnected before!

If I would have used SoS.exe the GUI client, it would have skipped up to the latest source and would have only downloaded the rest 3 projects!!!

I did not use -nocache option. Is this option by default? What should I do to override this feature?

What should I do to take only the changed files?

With Best Regards,
Shankar.[quote][/quote]

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Dec 13, 2004 4:51 pm

The -soshome parameter is used so that soscmd will use the SOS client cache files and only download files that have changed.

To use -soshome, you need to specify the path to the cache file.

In SOS 4.0 it is: C:\Documents and Settings\<user>\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS

In SOS 3.x it is: C:\Program Files\SourceOffSite\servers\

Add one of these paths to your -soshome parameter and SOS should only get modified files.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager