Vault Standard crashing with odd error set

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mmorris

Vault Standard crashing with odd error set

Post by mmorris » Wed Aug 28, 2024 8:01 am

Dear SourceGear,

This is mainly happening on my computer, but some issues are being seen by others.
I cannot download from Vault. Visual Studio is having issues too. I'm basically stuck when I attempt to use Vault, and will have to just store code outside of Vault until a solution is found. I've used Vault successfully for years, and do not know why I'm suddenly having issues.

The errors are numerous. Though I suspect its a change due to organization settings, I wanted to ask just in case you could read any clues from this error set.
Most recently I did an uninstall and reinstall of Vault in the hope that that would help.
I'm using 'Vault Standard Version 10.2.0 (1222)'.

I've attached two of the errors (as images).
I'm happy to provide additional error messages, and what produces those messages.
'The-html-error': I've seen several times. This time I saw it while starting the Vault Client.
'CreateFolder' occurred after attempting to create a new folder.
While trying to grab latest I got a '[8/28/2024 8:54:32 AM] An error occurred reading from the download stream ("Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host."), retrying...'
Several similar errors imply/state that the connection is being dropped due to an invalid token.

The issue occurs for multiple sets of code.
At one point yesterday, 'Vault Standard' disappeared from my Visual Studio 2022 options. The Extension was still there, but I couldn't see the Vault options.
I'm currently running a virus scan.
There's always a chance that some setting has been changed by my organization which has disabled Vault functionality for me (and not my teammates). I'm using a desktop, and the others are using laptops. So any 'desktop-only' organization-wide change would hit me without affecting the others.

Thank you for your time and help, and any suggestions you might have.
Attachments
CreateFolder.png
CreateFolder.png (47.24 KiB) Viewed 386 times
The-html-error.png
The-html-error.png (165.95 KiB) Viewed 386 times

Tonya

Re: Vault Standard crashing with odd error set

Post by Tonya » Wed Aug 28, 2024 1:42 pm

Hello,

Sorry to hear that you are experiencing so many issues!

Can you please send your Vault Server log to support@sourcegear.com? The Vault Server log is in %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log on the server machine. Also, please send over the screen shots so we can get a better look at them (they are tiny and I haven't been able to increase the size).

Thanks,

Tonya