Main Client Window Not Opening/Visible

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

phunt

Main Client Window Not Opening/Visible

Post by phunt » Tue Aug 20, 2024 2:36 pm

I'm running windows 10, and early last week the main client window stopped opening/becoming visible. I get the login and repository windows, however no main window. I also use Visual Studio 2022, and the Vault windows that can be opened from within VS, open successfully.
I downloaded the latest version of the Vault client and tried installing. I also ran the installer a second time and selected the repair option.
I say the window is not visible because I can hover over the Vault shortcut in the task bar and I get a preview. The preview is however blank. I can close the invisible window from the task bar shortcut.

I tried deleting the vaultgui_dockpanel.config file located in the folder shown below.

C:\Users\??????\AppData\Local\SourceGear\Vault_1\Client

There were 2 windows updates that occurred on 8/13: KB5041580 and KB5042352. I cannot be certain that my issue occurred following these updates. I didn't immediately try to resolve this issue when I first discovered it as I was in the middle of something. I assumed a reboot would fix it.

I have also tried running the Vault client as Administrator.

Any assistance would be appreciated, because using the Vault client is a core part of my work.

Tonya

Re: Main Client Window Not Opening/Visible

Post by Tonya » Wed Aug 21, 2024 7:24 am

Hello,

My first recommendation is to give the suggestions in the following KB article a try:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=22633

If this doesn't help, please email support@sourcegear.com and provide us with your Vault Server log. The Vault Server log is in %windir%\temp\sgvault\sgvault.log on the server machine.

Thanks,

Tonya