Problems with multiple VSS databases

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

kgarach

Problems with multiple VSS databases

Post by kgarach » Fri Nov 05, 2004 9:57 am

hi,
Im having a problem with multiple IDEs and multiple vss dbs.

I constantly work on both j++ and c#. when i open my vj++ ide which is connected to one database, everything is fine,

next, when i try to open my c# project which is in a vss database different from the one the j++ proj is, SOS says that it could not bind to the server. if i try to 'Browse', it lists all the projects in the first (j++) db, and not the second, even though the 'Server name' reflects the correct 2nd database.

the "Browse' dialog box that opens up has no way of changing dbs also.

Has anyone encountered this or knows of a solution. Im using SOS 4.0.2 client on a win xp pro machine.

thanks in advance.

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2004 4:12 pm

Can you explain what you mean by "Browse"? How do you get to the dialog you are referring to from within Visual Studio?

kgarach

Post by kgarach » Mon Nov 15, 2004 3:37 pm

From the Project -> Source Control -> Open Solution from Source Control option

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Nov 18, 2004 12:07 pm

If the projects are in different databases, you would need to close Visual Studio and then open it to connect to the other database.

If this doesn't work, it's possible you have automatic login enabled in the SOS Client, so that the IDE client is automatically logging you in to the wrong database.

In the GUI Client, select File->Connect to Server. Check the Connect to Server dialog to see if Connect Automatically is checked.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager