GUI client issue?

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Andriy

GUI client issue?

Post by Andriy » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:05 am

Hi,

I'm using trial of 4.0.2 and can successfully get project tree (GetProjectTree) and retrieve file list (GetFileList) using command-line client. But GUI client crashes every time _after_ login:

11/8/2004 3:50:46 PM - 4: Open the database.
11/8/2004 3:50:46 PM - 4: 'user' connected to database .....
11/8/2004 3:50:46 PM - 4: Exit Login()
11/8/2004 3:50:49 PM - 4: Exception: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
11/8/2004 3:50:49 PM - 4: Error processing client request: at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at ClassicService.ProtocolMessage.ParseStream(Socket socket, Crypto crypto)
at ClassicService.Client.GetMessage()
11/8/2004 3:50:49 PM - 4: Enter KillConnection()

This happens only with my repository, GUI client operates fine with your public test database. In my case client and server both run on the same computer. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Andriy

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:55 am

When the client crashes, can you connect again, or do you need to restart the SOS Server?
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Post by Guest » Mon Nov 08, 2004 9:44 am

lbauer wrote:When the client crashes, can you connect again, or do you need to restart the SOS Server?
I can connect without server restart.

Regards,
Andriy

Andriy

Post by Andriy » Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:52 am

I did some tests using the same PC box (WinXP SP2). GUI client works fine when server accessed via localhost, and crashes when real IP or domain name used. The only difference in these methods is standard XP firewall which protects my system. Seems firewall closing connection after login. The question is: what is the difference between command-line and GUI clients?

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Nov 11, 2004 10:44 am

It's possible there's a problem with the client side cache file. The project tree is cached on the SOS client side, in the user's application data folder. SOS creates a separate cache for each server and database the client connects to. So you'd have separate databaseX.sos files for "localhost" and your server name or IP.

The CLC does not use this cache file unless you specify the -soshome parameter in the command.

You might try deleting the databaseX.sos file(s) under C:\Documents and Settings\User\Application Data\SourceGear\SOS\servers\<servername> for the problematic connection and see if that eliminates the crashes.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

Andriy

Post by Andriy » Thu Nov 11, 2004 3:42 pm

Thanks, it works this way :)