Port dropdown list only shows last port

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Port dropdown list only shows last port

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 28, 2004 3:25 pm

We are running SOS on two machines. One machine runs 3.5.x (port 8888), the other we just upgraded to 4.0.2 (port 8890). I also upgraded my client to 4.0.2.

When using 3.5, the "Port" dropdown list in the "Connect To Server" dialog box contained entries for both ports, with the last one used selected as the default.

Now, the list only contains the last used port. I can connect to the other port, but only if I manually type the port number. The Registry still contains both port numbers in the "Server Port List" entry.

I should mention that we're using NAT on our router so it appears to the outside as though both servers are running on the same logical machine. Thus the "Server List" entry only has the single logical name. The "Last Server" and "Last Port" entries are correct. "Servers To Keep" is set to 5.

Has something changed in 4.0.2 to cause this problem, or have I overlooked some setting somewhere?

Thanks,

David

Post by Guest » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:30 pm

The SOS 4.0 client doesn't use the "last server" "last port" registry settings; they are left there from SOS 3.5.3. It does use Connection 0, Connection 1, etc. to keep track of the last servers and ports to which you connected.

Would you send me a screenshot of the Connection 0,1, 2 . . .etc info in this registry key on the SOS 4.0 machine?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SourceOffSite\SourceOffSite\Settings

Email to Linda at SourceGear.com

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:31 pm

Sorry, I wasn't logged in for that last post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

dstranz

Post by dstranz » Sat Oct 30, 2004 10:11 pm

Hello Linda,

I remember that while looking at the Registry that there was only a "Connection 0" key, and none other. It was set to the last server/port I used. Can I manually add a Connection 1 key?

If you still need the Registry snapshot, I can send it when I get back into work on Monday.

Regards,

David