Please release Mac OS X client

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

Please release Mac OS X client

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:53 pm

Pretty please?

There's a big niche market here that you're missing (probably a good bit bigger than the other Unix installs you support combined). I'll be the first one to purchase it.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Wed Jun 09, 2004 2:15 pm

For SOS 4.1, due out later this year, we plan to have an SOS Client that will run on Mac OS X.

We currently have an unsupported build of an SOS 3.5.3 Mac Client provided to us by a user and we make the Unix code available for SOS 3.5.3 and 4.0 for users who want to build their own clients.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

NikitaY

Do you have any MacOS X releases already? Any betas?

Post by NikitaY » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:10 am

Please, look at my CV: http://www.yampolski.net/cv to get more information about me and professional background. I am ready to help you in testing this product.

Please, answer be about the product betas at least.

Have a nice day.
Attachments
CV-NikitaYAMPOLSKI.pdf
MY CV IN PDF
(64.4 KiB) Downloaded 2361 times

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Thu Jun 24, 2004 1:55 pm

Impressive resume. :D

We don't have a beta of the Mac Client yet.

We haven't firmed up plans for a Beta test. We may have something structured, or we may just do Preview releases that will be available to all for download and testing.

Stay tuned for more information later this summer.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

RC

I'll buy it too.

Post by RC » Fri Jun 25, 2004 9:50 pm

I second the request. Thanks.

PlatformsRUs

Lack of OS X Client a Showstopper

Post by PlatformsRUs » Fri Jul 09, 2004 3:12 pm

We've had it with SourceSafe as a "server" (file sharing, no connection, so that's not an accurate word), and we'd love to upgrade our whole Development department (~30) to SourceOffSite and SourceVault. Unfortunately, we are very cross-platform oriented, and our second-most important platform is OS X. (Linux is rising but still a distant third in our market.)

Without an OS X client, the sourcegear products can even be considered, even though we currently have about 10 SoS users connecting to a SourceSafe DB indirectly through SourceOffSite. It would be a pretty easy sale, except that the lack of an OS X client means it doesn't even qualify due to a major missing minimum requirement. :(

Apple ships a standard X-Windows environment now, with an X SDK providing libs and headers, etc. Just do it! Or pay someone to build you an executable that you can post for download. There has got to be enough revenue from this to justify the minimal effort required. :!:

Paul

Mac OS X client

Post by Guest » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:37 pm

We would definitely buy an OS X client too. As it stands, we are limping along with a Classic VSS client. At the end of this project we are definitely switching to an open source version control because of the lack of support for Mac clients.

Since you said to check back later in the summer, I'm wondering if there has been any progress.

klindstrom

I found a compiled version of the 4.0 OS X Client

Post by klindstrom » Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:06 pm

Here:

http://www.fatmixx.com/index.php?p=1045

Maybe this can tide us over until 4.1 comes out...

-K

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:01 am

We should have a beta of the Mac Client in November. If you'd like to test it, contact me, Linda at Sourcegear.com.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

DavidL

Did the MacOS client ever go into testing?

Post by DavidL » Sat Mar 12, 2005 1:42 am

I'm eager for the next installment of the ongoing saga.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Sat Mar 12, 2005 10:41 pm

SOS 4.1 does provide a client for Mac OS X. It's not native -- it's the Unix client running in X11. You can download it from:

http://www.sourcegear.com/sos/downloads.html
Linda Bauer
SourceGear