MessageBox Madness....

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

malakai

MessageBox Madness....

Post by malakai » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:44 am

Often times I leave VS.Net 2003 open when I leave the office. Generally with checked out files of things i've modified but don't want to commit just yet.

At times I come back, and when i unlocky my workstation there is a Source off site message box saing "Connection to server closed" (or lost, can't remeber). I sometimes have to click this 20-30 times to make it go away. I'm guessing it's stacking or queueing them somehow.

I've upped my keep-alive time to try and prevent as many messages from appearing. I figured it's the keep-alive system causing the attempt to connect to the server, and if it happened ever 10mins instead of 1 mins i'd cut the number of windows by a factor of 10x.

Any way of just displaying this mesage to us once? Or better yet, not display the message in case of Keep-alive event. Why do we care when the server connection was closed, so long as you can reestablish it.

thanks.

corey

Post by corey » Thu Oct 14, 2004 3:02 pm

If you turn off the keep-alive option, does the message never appear?

If it still appears, it may be because of the "automatically refresh file list" option. Do you have that enabled?

Do you know why your connection is being closed? Is that normal for the network you're on?
Corey Steffen
SourceGear LLC

malakai

Post by malakai » Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:32 am

If you turn off the keep-alive option, does the message never appear?
I'll try disabling Keep-Alive.
If it still appears, it may be because of the "automatically refresh file list" option. Do you have that enabled?
Automatically refresh File List is Not set.
Do you know why your connection is being closed? Is that normal for the network you're on?
I assume the firewall/proxy is simply closing the connection after X amount of idle time. Which is why i have the 'keep-alive option' turned on. Also, I don't doubt during the weekend it's probable the router or firewall is rebooted and my proxied connection state is lost.

Either way, i'm not certain a 'pop-up' is the correct GUI response to whatever is happening.

I'll try disabling keep-alive now, but i think it might make it worse.

thanks