Email Notifications Not Working in Vault Pro Server 6.0.1

If you are having a problem using Vault, post a message here.
writhe

Email Notifications Not Working in Vault Pro Server 6.0.1

Post by writhe » Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:22 pm

I upgraded our server to 6.0.1.30598 and email notifications are not being sent when users check-in files. However, when I used the Test Email Settings tool on the server I got an email. Can someone help me get this fixed?

lbauer

Re: Email Notifications Not Working in Vault Pro Server 6.0.

Post by lbauer » Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:53 pm

First check to see that users are properly subscribed to notifications. Look in the Vault GUI Client under Tools->Options Notifications.

Are they subscribed to source code notifications or work item notifications?

Check the the Vault Server log and the Notification server log for errors. The Notifications log is called vaultnotifyservice.txt and is in C:\Windows\Temp\SGVaultNotify.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

ewrankin

Post by ewrankin » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:42 am

We are having a similar issue. We upgraded from 4.1.4 to Pro 6.0.1. The test email works from the server, the notification subscription still exist on the client. There are no errors in the vaultnotifyservice.txt

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:47 am

For the two of you who have reported this, send me your Vault Server log, the notifications log, and the result of this query, or a screen shot of the results:

select * from sgvault.dbo.tblplugins

Email me at support at sourcegear.com, ATTN: Linda.

Please include a link to this forum post.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

writhe

Post by writhe » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:37 am

I'll send an email in just a minute, but I thought I would let you know that I do not have a C:\Windows\Temp\SGVaultNotify folder. I have C:\Windows\Temp\SGVaultPro and C:\Windows\Temp\sgvault and that's it.

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Sep 28, 2012 4:58 pm

ewrankin's issue was resolved by entering valid URL's in his plugins table and the Notify and Index service web.config files.

By default, these are localhost or url's from DNS, and are not always actually in use on some Vault Server machines.

writhe -- there seems to be a problem wtih your overall installation. Contact me and we'll get this resolved.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear

jagresham

Post by jagresham » Fri Mar 07, 2014 2:54 pm

I'm having a similar issue to the issues above, but I don't know where Vault is picking up the localhost url shown below. My question is where do I need to make the change so it points to the right url. I have already changed the vault_server key in web.config in VaultNotifyService and VaultIndexService and vault.config

----3/7/2014 8:37:53 PM --()-- The Plugin at athttp://127.0.0.1/VaultNotifyService/VaultNotifyService.asmx was not called with Event CheckOut List Change. Exception: The request failed with HTTP status 404: Not Found.

Thank you

Beth

Post by Beth » Fri Mar 07, 2014 6:10 pm

jagresham: Go to your Vault admin web page. Click on the link Vault Professional Plugins. You can edit the path there.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support

jagresham

Post by jagresham » Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:43 pm

Beth, as you instructed I went to the admin page, but I don't find a link to plugins. Is it possible this is an option that must be installed. Should the link be under Server Settings or am I in the wrong place.

Beth

Post by Beth » Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:13 pm

Sorry, the plugin page is a feature in Vault 6.1.

You have some options here. You can either upgrade to Vault 6.1.0 (free upgrade for you) or you can send an email to support at sourcegear.com (attn: Beth) with a link to this forum thread and we'll work in your database to correct the URL.
Beth Kieler
SourceGear Technical Support