Need some help on an ongoing issue with SOS

If you are having a problem using SourceOffSite, post a message here.

Moderator: SourceGear

mathewss

Need some help on an ongoing issue with SOS

Post by mathewss » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:39 pm

just a history. Used sos for about 8 months now registered 2 clients and most of the time it works ok but it has issues..

It seems to be having real problems with "some" of my source safe projects and files.

Example if i launch the GUI it will login no problem but depending on what project i am in it can take several minutes to refresh. I am connected to my office via a VPN so i can technicaly run sourcesafe by itself and when i do things work find and are oftine faster than SOS. I also noticed and am positive i can reproduce a problem when i diff large files ones over 64k that it wont fetch the files and do the diff.

I decided to try the command utility soscmd and it shows me more interesting things. If i run the command GetFileList on some projects it is slow like 10 seconds to get a small project list but on some projects it just crashes with an exception.

AppName: soscmd.exe AppVer: 0.0.0.0 ModName: ntdll.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.2180 Offset: 0003426d

i am running the latest version's on both my server and client and i dont have any other users so it isnt some .net ole process blaaaa blaaaa issue i keep hearing about when users see slowdows in sos..

Help : c) please..
I need to get over this problem im tired of the pain..

Re
Sean M
Regards
Sean Mathews Nu Tech CTO

struct SoftwareProfessional {
double salary;
long lunches;
float jobs;
char unstable;
void work;
short tempers;
};

mathewss

Post by mathewss » Thu Oct 14, 2004 9:46 pm

Ugg sorry it has been so long i just realized i posted this stuff or well some of this stuff before in thread id # 1757

Sorry maybe you can merge this into that thread? this does have some new data..
Regards
Sean Mathews Nu Tech CTO

double salary;
long lunches;
float jobs;
char unstable;
void work;
short tempers;
};

lbauer

Post by lbauer » Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:09 am

You're referring to this post:

http://support.sourcegear.com/viewtopic.php?t=1757

We were able to reproduce a problem with diff. When the CASE of the files is different between VSS and SOS, the Show Differences command won't work. Does this apply to any of the files you are diffing, or is it strictly a size issue?

We have had a few reports of the SOS Command Line Client crashing during large gets. There may be a memory leak.

We are currently working on SOS 4.1, which will be released in a couple of months. We've made some improvements in the Command Line Clients and hopefully you'll find this addresses many of your issues.
Linda Bauer
SourceGear
Technical Support Manager

mathewss

Post by mathewss » Fri Oct 15, 2004 12:20 pm

That problem with diff seems to have gone away :( it seems to diff the file i recall was an issue just fine now.

I look forward to the new version. if you need any help testing let me know.

I can not seem to put my finger on the soscmd exception. I tried creating a new project with as many files and that one worked fine. So then i copied all the files in a project that causes the soscmd to crash to a new project and it didnt crash :(..

The thinks i have not tested are checkout status and other things but im limited in the time i can play with this sorry :(..
Regards
Sean Mathews Nu Tech CTO

double salary;
long lunches;
float jobs;
char unstable;
void work;
short tempers;
};